Mingo man accused of sexually assaulting 6-year-old girl
A Mingo man has been arrested and charged with committing a sexual acts upon a 6-year-old girl.
Michael Scott Allen, 38, was charged with second-degree sexual abuse, a Class B felony, following his arrest at 11:05 p.m. Saturday. He currently remains in the Jasper County Jail in lieu of a $35,000 bond.
According to law enforcement, Allen is alleged to have told three witnesses he performed a sex act upon the child. If convicted, he faces up to 25 years in prison.
More Local News
- Blair to perform in Iowa Dance Theatre production of 'The Nutcracker'
- NCT production of 'A Christmas Carol' debuts Friday
- School district seeking community members for new committee
- Chamber Christmas party, business award ceremony being held tonight
- Social media Lunch and Learn planned