53-year-old arrested today after 30-hour Des Moines standoff
DES MOINES (AP) — A 30-hour standoff that began with an exchange of gunshots has ended in Des Moines.
Police say they used a stun gun to gain custody of 53-year-old Michael Reed. He was arrested at 12:11 a.m. Monday.
Officers had been sent to the home Saturday afternoon to investigate a property dispute. They reported being shot at by an occupant, and they fired back. No injuries have been reported.
Sgt. Jason Halifax says negotiators eventually lured Reed onto the front porch of the home.
Reed is also known as Micky King, an Elvis Presley impersonator.
He remains in custody. Online court records don’t list the name of his attorney.
More State News
- Pay plan could cost some Des Moines school workers
- Iowa DNR uses social media for wildlife questions
- Iowa credit unions see largest deposit gains in US
- Man gets 14 years for child endangerment
- USDA Farm Storage Loans Available