Des Moines police investigating apartment killing
DES MOINES (AP) — Des Moines police have identified the man found dead with a gunshot wound in an apartment in the city’s River Bend area.
Police say in a news release that officers were called to a shooting in an apartment at 1:24 a.m. Sunday. The caller reported a person had been shot, and when officers arrived they found a man who was dead with a single gunshot wound.
Police say they’re investigating the death as a homicide and were interviewing witnesses.
The victim has been identified as 19-year-old Anthony Denzell Moss of Chicago.
More State News
- About 750 Iowans enrolled in marketplace plans
- Seven flee Des Moines house after basement fire erupts
- ISU survey shows 5.1 pct hike in farmland values
- Attorneys general warn FDA of new painkiller risks
- Records show more seclusion at Iowa Juvenile Home