Newton Police Department
• Michael R. Flynn, 58, of Kellogg was cited for driving with a suspended license after officers stopped him at 4:39 p.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block of First Avenue East for driving without a taillight. He was given a warning about the taillight and released to appear.
• Krystal M. House, 23, of Newton was charged with fifth-degree theft after police were dispatched to Walmart around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday. House allegedly stole $17.80 worth of candy and fake finger-nails. She was released to appear.
• Michael L. Schroeder, 25, of Newton was charged with driving with a revoked license and was cited for driving without a safety belt after officers stopped him at 4:06 p.m in the 100 block of East 12th Street South for a traffic stop. Monday. During the traffic stop, officers determined his license was revoked. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
Prairie City Police Department
• Antonio Blackburn, 29, of Prairie City was arrested and charged with domestic assault after authorities were dispatched at 11:58 p.m. Feb. 12 to 300 W. Fifth St. #4 for a domestic disturbance. Blackburn allegedly assaulted a 26-year-old Prairie City woman by pushing her down and kicking her. Blackburn also allegedly cut himself after breaking a mirror and rubbed his blood on the victim’s face. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
•áLisa K. Olson, 45, of Prairie City was arrested at 7:39 p.m. March 14 on an outstanding arrest warrant from the Pleasant Hill Police Department for third-degree harassment. Olson was located at her residence, arrested and transported to the Polk County line, where she was picked up by Pleasant Hill police.
• Todd William Phillips, 32, of Prairie City was arrested 11:25 p.m. March 15 on an outstanding Jasper County warrant for failure to appear for fingerprinting. Phillips was located at his residence, arrested and transported to the Jasper County Jail.
A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. It is the policy of the Newton Daily News to release the names of individuals charged with a crime who are 16 and older.