Newton Police Department
• Six people were charged with possession of alcohol as a minor after police investigated an underage drinking party at 311 W. Eighth St. S. at 1 a.m. Sunday. As police arrived at the scene, Brandon M. Modlin, 20, of Newton and Stephanie R. Clements, 20, of Newton allegedly ran away from authorities. Police apprehended them and proceeded with their investigation. Authorities allegedly observed Alex M. Spangenburg, 19, of Newton; Erica K. Jones, 20, of Newton; Jacee A. Cooper, 20, of Newton and Madison P. Eatwell, 19, of Newton in possession of alcohol. All were charged with possession of alcohol as a minor, except Clements and Modlin, they were additionally charged with interference with official acts. All were taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Jordan L. Foreman, 25, of Newton was charged with driving while license barred after police stopped him for a traffic stop in the 1800 block of South 12th Avenue West at 9:17 p.m. Thursday. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Leland J. Hall, 53, of Mitchellville was cited for driving while license suspended after police pulled him over for speeding at the 164-mile marker of Interstate-80 at 9:09 p.m. Saturday. Officers discovered Hall's license was suspended and he was cited for it. He was given a warning about speeding and was released to appear.
• Marshall D. Rowe, 20, of Newton was arrested at 604 E. Third St. S. #3 at 1:20 p.m. Friday for an outstanding warrant issued for a probation violation. Rowe was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Jacob W. Shepard, 24, was cited with driving while license revoked after police stopped him in the 300 block of East 17th Street South at 7:40 p.m. Friday. He was released to appear.
• Van Yarde M. Thomson, 23, of Newton and Krystal S. House, 23, of Newton were both charged with fifth-degree theft after police were called to Hyvee after employees observed two customers concealing items at 12:01 p.m. Thursday. Thomson allegedly stole $19.33 worth of merchandise and House allegedly stole $13.64 worth of merchandise. Thomason was taken to the Jasper County Jail, and House was released to appear.
• Esther Little White Man, 18, from Perry was arrested at 516 N. Second Ave. E. on a warrant for failure to appear at 10:26 p.m.Thursday. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
Jasper County Sheriff's Office
• Nathan D. Emmack, 39, of Colfax was charged with assault after police were dispatched to 7044 S. 60th Ave. W. in Colfax at 6:30 a.m. Sunday. He allegedly got into an argument with his girlfriend, Mykea A. Greene, 22, of Des Moines and held her down, and punched her shoulder. Authorities noticed bruising on her shoulder, and also noticed scratches on Emmack's face and body. Police also charged her with assault. Both were taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Lauren A. Neal, 28, of Prairie City was charged with domestic abuse, assault and third-degree burglary after officers were dispatched to W. Sixth St. and N. Madison St in Prairie City. Neal was involved in an argument with her mother, and allegedly hit her. According to police, her mother attempted to leave the area in her vehicle, but Neal removed her in from her vehicle and proceeded to continue assaulting her. Police recommended a no contact order.
• Yihan Wong, 43, of Colfax was summoned and cited for unlawful passing of a school bus at 10 a.m. Saturday for an indictment that took place March 8th.