Jackson, Cassel, Amendola move Thursday
The Atlanta Falcons replaced Michael Turner with another proven, productive running back.
Steven Jackson, the top running back in free agency, agreed to a three-year, $12 million deal with the Falcons on Day 3 of the NFL’s free agency frenzy.
Also getting new deals were backup quarterback Matt Cassel in Minnesota, pass rusher Cliff Avril in Seattle and cornerback Keenan Lewis in New Orleans. The New York Giants signed defensive backs Ryan Mundy and Aaron Ross.
And the Houston Texans were rolling out the red carpet to make their pitch to safety Ed Reed.
The New England Patriots agreed to terms with receiver Danny Amendola on a deal that would reportedly pay him $31 million over five years, moving quickly after the loss of five-time Pro Bowl selection Wes Welker.
More Professional News
- Golf adopts rule to ban anchored putting stroke
- Carpenter earns pole for Indy 500
- Jimmie Johnson races to record 4th All-Star win
- Blackhawks beat Red Wings 4-1 in series opener
- Derby winner Orb named even money favorite in Preakness