Storm delays Big 12 track championships
AMES, Iowa (AP) — The start of the Big 12 track and field championships has been postponed by a winter storm that buried parts of the Midwest in more than a foot of snow.
The meet was scheduled to start Friday on the campus of Iowa State but some teams and officials were not going to be able to arrive in Ames on time.
The competition will follow the original schedule but now be held Saturday and Sunday.
More College News
- No. 25 Iowa women beat No. 22 Syracuse
- No. 20 Iowa State has no problem with Northern Iowa
- Tarheels stun No. 1 Michigan State
- No. 17 Iowa State pounds Auburn
- USC hires new football coach