Iowa woman dies under car on slick driveway
PACIFIC JUNCTION (AP) — A 61-year-old woman has died under her car on her ice- and snow-slickened driveway in western Iowa.
Mills County Sheriff’s Sgt. Kim Clark says the accident occurred a little before 1:45 p.m. Thursday.
Clark says Barbara Glaser was in her car when it got stuck on her steep driveway. Clark says Glaser put the vehicle in park, shut it off and got out. But the car started to slide down the driveway and struck Glaser. It knocked her down, hit an embankment and then rolled over on her.
Glaser was pronounced dead at the scene, which is north of Pacific Junction.
More State News
- Pay plan could cost some Des Moines school workers
- Iowa DNR uses social media for wildlife questions
- Iowa credit unions see largest deposit gains in US
- Man gets 14 years for child endangerment
- USDA Farm Storage Loans Available