Newton Police Department
• Marisa A. Bushong, 20, of Brooklyn was charged with possession of alcohol while under the legal age after authorities stopped her for an equipment violation at 1:12 a.m. Friday in the 100 block of West 11th Street South. The officer observed alcohol in the vehicle, and Bushong was charged and released to appear in court.
• Jeffery L. Hautekeete, 48, of Newton was charged with serious domestic assault after authorities responded to a complaint of a domestic disturbance at 5:55 p.m. Thursday at 602 W. Second St. S. Hautekeete had left the scene but came to the Newton Police Department at 9:45 p.m. that day and was charged for allegedly assaulting a Newton female. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Rachel M. Scott, 17, of Newton and Jacob R. Gragg, 20, of Newton both were charged with fifth-degree theft after Newton police responded to a shoplifting complaint at 7:20 p.m. Feb. 9 at Walmart. Scott was charged for allegedly concealing $79.24 in merchandise and Gragg for allegedly concealing $37.29 in merchandise. Both were released to appear in court.
• Vincent L. Spoonemore, 59, of Newton was charged with driving while license suspended after authorities stopped him at 1:10 a.m. Thursday in the 700 block of East Fifth Street North. Spoonemore fled on foot after stopping his vehicle but was apprehended. He was charged and taken to the Jasper County Jail.
Jasper County Sheriff’s Office
• Eric Bucklin, 43, of Altoona was charged with first-degree harassment after authorities received a complaint at 3:43 a.m. Thursday of an individual sending threatening text messages to a 34-year-old Jasper County female. During the investigation, authorities determined Bucklin was sending messages threatening to come to the victim’s house and kill her. Deputies contacted the Altoona Police Department, and Altoona police located and arrested Bucklin. Local authorities picked him up in Mitchellville and brought him to the Jasper County Jail.
• Ashley N. Richardson, 20, of Newton was charged with drug possession delivery, drug tax stamp payment required and two counts of drug possession of controlled substance after authorities stopped a vehicle in which she was a passenger at 3:40 p.m. Thursday in the 6700 block of Highway F48 for speeding. The driver, 23-year-old Derrick M. Shaver, was cited for speeding and consented to a search. Authorities found Richardson in possession of acetaminophen and oxycodone pills. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Jeremy Rus, 25, of Newton was charged with driving while license revoked after authorities stopped him at 5:12 a.m. Tuesday on Main Street in Reasnor for speeding and failing to stop at a stop sign. He was transported to the Jasper County Jail.
• Megan Walker, 27, of Newton was charged with driving while license suspended after authorities stopped her at 6:10 p.m. Thursday in the 2200 block of Iowa Speedway Drive. Authorities determined her license had been suspended, and she also was charged with unlawful use of license and failure to have insurance. She was released to appear in court.
A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. It is the policy of the Newton Daily News to release the names of individuals charged with a crime who are 16 and older.