Students raising funds American Heart Assn.
February is National Heart Month, and the Newton Community School District has celebrated the event for more than 25 years, raising thousands of dollars for the American Heart Association.
Students will be seeking donations from community members throughout the month to fight heart disease and stroke through research and education. During P.E. classes, students will learn about the heart, its function and how to keep it healthy. Students also will jump rope to keep their hearts healthy.
More Local News
- Local vets couldn't miss final Freedom Flight
- Thunder Nites benefits O'Brien family, local economy
- Council gives OK to amended development agreement for Iowa Speedway
- Council to discuss Main Street Iowa application
- Eilander testifies in his own defense on second day of trial