Indiana loses, stays atop poll
Indiana remained at No. 1 in The Associated Press' Top 25 men's basketball poll despite losing a game, surviving a week of upsets to become the first team in over a month to hold onto the top ranking.
The Hoosiers (21-3) lost to Illinois on a last-second basket Thursday but rebounded with a win at Ohio State on Sunday. In a week when four of the top five teams and six of the top 10 lost, it was enough to keep the No. 1 ranking.
It ends a stretch of five consecutive weeks with a new No. 1, two weeks short of the longest such stretch in 1993-94. Duke started the run followed by Louisville, Duke again, Michigan and Indiana.
More College News
- Coach K considering return to US Olympic team
- Top recruit Wiggins to play for Jayhawks
- Central's Meyer lands on all-region softball team
- ISU's Otzelberger leaving for Washington
- Notre Dame unveils new building plan