Illinois-Iowa Girl Scouts camps may close
CEDAR RAPIDS (AP) — The board of directors for the Girls Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois has scheduled a vote on closing and selling all four camps in eastern Iowa.
The board vote is scheduled for March 28. The proposal affects Camp Conestoga in Scott County, Camp Little Cloud in Dubuque County, Camp L-Kee-Ta in Des Moines County and Camp Tahigwa in Allamakee County.
A press release from the Girls Scouts group says the recommendation follows five years of research and increased camp marketing efforts.
The research showed none of the camps met the needs of the girls and that fewer than 10 percent of members used the camps.
More State News
- About 750 Iowans enrolled in marketplace plans
- Seven flee Des Moines house after basement fire erupts
- ISU survey shows 5.1 pct hike in farmland values
- Attorneys general warn FDA of new painkiller risks
- Records show more seclusion at Iowa Juvenile Home