GOP plan would make it harder to pass tax hikes
DES MOINES (AP) — An Iowa House committee considered a proposal Monday to change the state constitution to require all tax hikes to get a three-fifths majority vote in the Legislature, instead of the current simple majority needed.
It’s unclear if the bill could get enough support in the Democratic-controlled Senate to pass.
More State News
- Dog lost after Iowa crash reunited with owner
- U. of Iowa says FEMA won't require more insurance
- Cedar Rapids pays state for trout stream fish kill
- Des Moines police say man shot at passing cars
- Farmers seeing more interest in locally grown food