GOP plan would make it harder to pass tax hikes
DES MOINES (AP) — An Iowa House committee considered a proposal Monday to change the state constitution to require all tax hikes to get a three-fifths majority vote in the Legislature, instead of the current simple majority needed.
It’s unclear if the bill could get enough support in the Democratic-controlled Senate to pass.
More State News
- Iowa DNR warns paddlers about cold water, debris
- USDA: Despite late start, record corn crop likely
- Iowa soybean farmers prepared to plant once conditions dry up
- USDA: Corn plantings pick up, but still behind
- Oskaloosa Ready To Pick Newest Restaurant