Cross country ski, snowshoe clinics on Saturday, Feb. 23
The public is invited to cross-country ski and snowshoe this month at Jacob Krumm Nature Preserve in eastern Jasper County.
Clinics are planned for 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday and Feb. 23 and will be led by Jasper County Conservation Board staff. Both beginners who wish to learn how to ski or snowshoe and the more advanced who wish to sharpen their skills on the trails are encouraged to attend.
A limited number of snowshoes, skis and boots will be available for a $10 equipment fee, or participants can bring their own equipment.
The programs are weather dependent. Listen to KCOB FM 95.9 for updates on cancellations or call Jasper County Conservation at (641) 792-9780.
Jacob Krumm Nature Preserve can be reached by driving north off of exit 179 (Lynnville exit) from Interstate 80. The preserve entrance is reached by going another mile east on the gravel road Jacob Avenue. A warming shelter is available at the preserve.
More Local News
- Local vets couldn't miss final Freedom Flight
- Thunder Nites benefits O'Brien family, local economy
- Council gives OK to amended development agreement for Iowa Speedway
- Council to discuss Main Street Iowa application
- Eilander testifies in his own defense on second day of trial