White scores 27, lifts Iowa past Penn State 76-67
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — Aaron White had a career-high 27 points and Iowa beat Penn State 76-67 Thursday night, snapping a two-game losing streak.
Melsahn Basabe had 10 points and 10 rebounds in his first start of the season for the Hawkeyes (14-7, 3-5 Big Ten), who hit 31 free throws in 39 tries.
Iowa took the lead with an early 14-0 run and never looked back against the last winless team in Big Ten play. The Hawkeyes let Penn State creep back within 69-62 with 1:30 left, but White answered with a three-point play for Iowa.
D.J. Newbill had 20 points for Penn State (8-13, 0-9), which committed 18 turnovers.
More College News
- No. 20 Iowa State has no problem with Northern Iowa
- Tarheels stun No. 1 Michigan State
- No. 17 Iowa State pounds Auburn
- USC hires new football coach
- Iowa wrestlers dominate Iowa State