Woods wins at Torrey Pines for eighth time
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Not even a sloppy finish could keep Tiger Woods from another win at Torrey Pines.
Woods led by as many as eight shots on the back nine Monday until a painfully slow finish led to some indifferent shots in the final hour of the Farmers Insurance Open.
Woods closed with an even-par 72 for a four-shot victory. He won the tournament for the seventh time, and picked up his record eighth win as a pro at Torrey Pines, which includes the 2008 U.S. Open.
Woods had a six-shot lead with 11 holes to play when he returned Monday to complete the fog-delayed tournament and no one got close.
It was the 75th career win for Woods on the PGA Tour, seven behind the record held by Sam Snead.
More Professional News
- Golf adopts rule to ban anchored putting stroke
- Carpenter earns pole for Indy 500
- Jimmie Johnson races to record 4th All-Star win
- Blackhawks beat Red Wings 4-1 in series opener
- Derby winner Orb named even money favorite in Preakness