Landfill budget workshop Jan. 29
The Newton Sanitary Landfill budget workshop will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 29, at Newton Public Works, 1700 N. Fourth Ave. W.
Agenda items include member review of recycling programs and other efforts to reduce solid waste buried at the landfill as required by the comprehensive plan; recap of 2012; proposed landfill capital improvement projects and equipment; proposed 2012-2013 landfill operating budget; projected revenues, expenses and fund balances; closure/post-closure balances; long-range fund balance projects; year-end tonnage summary; possible sale of fill material to Newton Water Works for construction of a flood protection berm at the water treatment plant; and tipping fee rate adjustment.
More Local News
- Red Birds excelling at robotics
- YMCA honors donation with sculpture dedication
- Big bike show, 'no rules' drag racing on tap at Iowa Grand Motorcycle Rally
- Brown's Shoe Fit Co leaving Newton after nearly six decades
- Project IOWA looking for 12 lives to change in Jasper County