Man pleads not guilty in mother’s slaying
CEDAR RAPIDS (AP) — A Cedar Rapids man accused of killing his mother with a crowbar has pleaded not guilty.
Edward Cusic pleaded not guilty Tuesday. He is charged with first-degree murder in the December death of 68-year-old Anita Cusic-Labkon. Cusic told a 911 worker that he killed his mother after she threatened him with a knife.
Cusic remains in jail under a $1 million bond. He told the newspaper that he was acting in self-defense.
More State News
- Man who kidnapped 2 Iowa girls had long record
- Iowa lawmakers close to ending legislative session
- Iowa district nixes armed officers in schools
- Iowa lawmakers look to end legislative session
- Search for missing Iowa teen continues today