Man pleads not guilty in mother’s slaying
CEDAR RAPIDS (AP) — A Cedar Rapids man accused of killing his mother with a crowbar has pleaded not guilty.
Edward Cusic pleaded not guilty Tuesday. He is charged with first-degree murder in the December death of 68-year-old Anita Cusic-Labkon. Cusic told a 911 worker that he killed his mother after she threatened him with a knife.
Cusic remains in jail under a $1 million bond. He told the newspaper that he was acting in self-defense.
More State News
- U. of Iowa says FEMA won't require more insurance
- Cedar Rapids pays state for trout stream fish kill
- Des Moines police say man shot at passing cars
- Farmers seeing more interest in locally grown food
- Iowa regents to finalize 2nd tuition freeze plan