Heartsill sworn in to Iowa House
DES MOINES — Rep. Greg Heartsill (R-Columbia) signs his oath of office in the Iowa House chamber as the 85th General Assembly kicked off Monday at the Capitol. The swearing in ceremony of all 100 state representatives began a week full of ceremonies, including the condition of the state address by the governor and the condition of the judiciary address by the Iowa Supreme Court chief justice. A full slate of committee work began as well, as bills began the process it takes to get them to the House floor for full debate. The legislative session is slated to last 110 days, ending May 3.
More Local News
- Law Enforcement Torch Run
- Memorial Day is 'Golf Day' for blind and disabled vets
- NHS Commencement to be held Sunday
- Memorial Day services planned for Monday
- NHS releases traffic pattern, shuttle service plan for Sunday’s commencement