Lawmakers to address opening of legislative session at LWV event
The Jasper County League of Women Voters will host a legislative coffee beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday in the Newton Hy-Vee Club Room.
The event will open with remarks by the legislators representing Jasper County about the legislative session that opened this week. Their remarks will be followed by a question-and-dialogue period. Citizens are encouraged to attend and participate.
Rep. Dan Kelley and Sen. Dennis Black have indicated that they plan to attend. Sen. Amy Sinclair also has been invited, while Rep. Greg Heartsill will be unable to attend due to a scheduling conflict.
The public is welcome.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton