Lawmakers to address opening of legislative session at LWV event
The Jasper County League of Women Voters will host a legislative coffee beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday in the Newton Hy-Vee Club Room.
The event will open with remarks by the legislators representing Jasper County about the legislative session that opened this week. Their remarks will be followed by a question-and-dialogue period. Citizens are encouraged to attend and participate.
Rep. Dan Kelley and Sen. Dennis Black have indicated that they plan to attend. Sen. Amy Sinclair also has been invited, while Rep. Greg Heartsill will be unable to attend due to a scheduling conflict.
The public is welcome.
More Local News
- Basics students and teacher support NCRC test
- And they're off: Local vets depart to D.C. for final Freedom Flight
- Council waives third reading, passes Nuisance Ordinance amendment
- Memorial Day Picnic in Colfax
- Art on display at Uncle Nancy's