Newton Police Department
• Jessica M. Thomason, 29, of Colfax was charged with second-offense operating while intoxicated after authorities stopped her for a headlight issue at 1:50 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of First Avenue East. Officers noticed an odor of alcohol, and Thomason had a blood alcohol content of .168. She was released to appear and given a warning for the headlight.
• Amber N. Tinius, 25, of Baxter was charged with operating while intoxicated after officers were informed at 12:09 a.m. Saturday of a vehicle driving in the middle lane in the 1800 block East Fifth Street North. Officers stopped Tinius for a brake light issue, and she had a blood alcohol content of .115. She was released to appear.
• Jessica M. Stoulil, 22, of Newton was charged with fifth-degree theft after police were called to Walmart at 3:48 p.m. Friday. Stoulil, an employee of Walmart, allegedly stole $131.81 worth of merchandise by taking items from the store and then returning them for a gift card. She was released to appear.
• Tyree J. Yellow Elk, 18, of Newton was charged with public intoxication and possession of drug paraphernalia at 11:32 p.m. Friday after officers were called to the Emerson High area. Officers observed Yellow Elk smelled of alcohol, and he had a blood alcohol content of .131. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
• Bedrikk M. Fisher, 18, of Marshalltown was taken was into custody on an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in court for driving while license suspended at 3 a.m. Saturday. He was picked up in Polk County and transferred to the Jasper County Jail.
Jasper County Sheriff’s Office
• Jeffery S. Winchell, 47, of Newton was arrested for driving while license revoked at 6:07 p.m. Friday after officers initiated a traffic stop and discovered that his license had been revoked. Winchell was taken to Jasper County Jail.
A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. It is the policy of the Newton Daily News to release the names of individuals charged with a crime who are 16 and older.