Newton Police Department
• Garrett D. Cook, 17, of Newton was charged with serious assault for an incident that occurred at Newton Senior High School at 9:50 a.m. on Dec. 18. Cook allegedly hit another male student causing him to fall to the cement floor where he struck his head and suffered a concussion. The male victim had a cut under his eye that required stitches. Cook was referred to juvenile authorities.
• Kristopher W. Kane, 29, of Newton arrested on an outstanding Florida warrant for violation of probation on a drug charge at 7:49 p.m. Tuesday at Kum & Go. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail to await extradition to Florida.
• Devin T. Kovach, 18, of Newton and Jeremy J. Dossie, 17, of Newton were charged with fourth-degree theft after police were dispatched at 8:16 a.m. Dec. 18 to the 100 block of N. Second Ave. W. The victim reported that an iPad was stolen from his/her vehicle. The value of the iPad was estimated at $293. Kovach was released to appear while Dossie was referred to juvenile court authorities.
• Chad M. Hansen-Price, 34, of Newton was charged for violating his no contact order at 11:51 a.m. Tuesday. Hansen-Price was observed driving by the protected person’s residence. He was released to appear.
• Lori A. Warden, 39, of Newton was cited for operating a motor vehicle while license suspended after police stopped her vehicle at First Avenue East near Casey’s at 8:03 p.m. Monday. Police pulled her over for speeding, and discovered that her license was suspended. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. It is the policy of the Newton Daily News to release the names of individuals charged with a crime who are 15 and older.