Free workshop for those filing their own tax returns
To help individuals who file or are thinking of filing their own tax returns, a free workshop will be offered to review who must file, filing status, eligible dependents, tax deductions, tax credits, and record keeping requirements.
“We’ll review basic tax law to maximize a family tax refund,” said Joyce Lash, family finance program specialist for Iowa State University Extension & Outreach.
The program will focus on individual and joint returns for families and will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday in the DMACC meeting room 210B on the second floor.
Registration is requested by calling (641) 792-6433. Participants are encouraged to bring a copy of their previous year’s tax return for reference.
More Local News
- Wooly mammoth bones on display at Keokuk County Expo on Saturday
- Board of Supervisors choose neutrality in Cleverly conflict with IDOT
- Zoo animals visit library
- Float entries now being accepted for Jasper County Fair parade
- Six arrested in Monroe drug bust