Local groups offering new caregiver support group
The First United Methodist Church of Newton, Willowbrook Adult Day Services and Park Centre are offering a new free caregiver support group for those of all denominations and faiths.
The caregiver gets the chance to share concerns, questions and experience with others, along with education by experts from the Alzheimer’s Association, Aging Resources of Central Iowa and many others while the group organizers take care of the caregiver’s loved one during the meeting.
The group will meet at 1 p.m. Monday, Jan. 14, at the First United Methodist Church, located at 210 N. Second Ave. E. in Newton. Enter through the lobby at the front of the church and take the elevator downstairs to the dining room. Meetings will take place the second Monday of each month at 1 p.m. For more information, call Margot Voshell at (641) 791-4500.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton