Alabama native pregnant with twins dies in Iowa wreck
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Cody Bostick says his wife fought hard for her life after a 27-car wreck on a snowy Iowa highway.
His wife, 27-year-old Colby Duckett Bostick was four months pregnant with twins Thursday when she died on that snowy highway. She was originally from Crossville in DeKalb County.
Their toddler son, Easton, was injured. Cody said he left his injured wife to get Easton to safety. She died before he could return.
The couple and their son became involved in the chain-reaction wreck Thursday, shortly after they left their Iowa home heading to Texas to be with Cody’s family.
He said the accident occurred when two 18-wheelers in front of them jackknifed. Other cars and trucks ran into them.
Colby Bostick was one of two killed in the accident.
More State News
- About 750 Iowans enrolled in marketplace plans
- Seven flee Des Moines house after basement fire erupts
- ISU survey shows 5.1 pct hike in farmland values
- Attorneys general warn FDA of new painkiller risks
- Records show more seclusion at Iowa Juvenile Home