• A 14-year-old was charged with disorderly conduct at 703 E. 11th St. N. at 1:24 p.m. Dec. 10. The student was highly agitated. Officers were called in the next day for a similar incident involving the same student. An officer tried to talk to the student when he charged at her. He was charged with disorderly conduct, and simple assault. Juvenile authorities are handling the cases.
• Robert D. Barnes, 44, of Newton was arrested at 6:02 p.m. Dec. 10 in the 700 block Union Dr. for driving while license suspended. Officers originally pulled Barnes over for speeding. He was given a warning for speeding and released to appear.
• Chad M. Crady, 33, of Newton was charged with driving with a license suspended at 6:03 p.m. Dec. 10. Police were assisting with a residential call when Crady was seen walking away from police. He came to the police station on Dec. 13 and was charged.
• Jason A. James, 32, of Newton was arrested on Dec. 12 at the 600 block First Ave. E. at 6:02 p.m. for driving with a license revoked. Officers originally pulled James over for an expired license. When they pulled him over, they discovered he had no insurance. He was arrested taken to jail.
• Jenna L. Lawson, 20, of Newton was arrested at 501 E. 14th St. N. at 1:02 p.m. Dec. 14, on a warrant for failure to appear in court for fingerprinting. She was arrested and taken to jail.
• Amanda D. MacDonald, 25, of Newton was arrested at 6:55 p.m. Dec. 13 for serious assault at 430 Eighth Ave. E. for simple assault and serious assault. MacDonald came into the apartment and struck a female victim and struck a male victim in the head. She was arrested and taken to jail.
• Katelyn E. McCarey, 18, of Newton was cited for failure to maintain control at E. Fourth S. N. in the 700 block at 9 p.m. Dec. 14. She was heading northbound when she dropped something and went to pick it up. She hit a utility pole causing $15,000 to the pole, and $8,000 to her car. No major injuries were reported.
• Hank L. Benson, 24, of Kellogg was cited for driving while license suspended, leaving the scene of an accident and driving without insurance at 3:15 p.m. Dec. 15 at 1323 First Ave. W. Police responded to at hit-and-run involving Benson and Jeffrey G. Morrow, 53, of Newton. Benson backed up and hit Morrow. Damages were estimated at $500 to Morrow’s vehicle and $300 to Benson’s vehicle. He was released to appear.
• Jamie J. Ray, 32, of Newton was arrested for criminal trespassing at 507 E. 27th St. S. at 7:42 a.m. Dec. 4. She was released to appear.
• Jan R. Roseland, 42, of Newton was arrested at 400 N. Second Ave. E. #4 at 12:17 a.m. Sunday for serious domestic assault. Roseland hit and scratched a male victim. She was arrested and taken to jail.
• Dylan E. Slycord, 30, of Newton and Maraine L. Slycord, 29, of Newton were arrested for assault at E. Fourth St. S. at 2:05 a.m. Sunday. A group flagged down officers to inform them of an assault. Police investigated and determined that the Slycords assaulted two individuals. One victim had been scratched, hit and choked. They were released to appear.
• Danielle N. Smith, 42, of Newton was cited for driving with a license suspended, and no insurance. Officers originally pulled Smith over for a seatbelt violation. She was released to appear.
• Sharron K. Woods, 42, of Newton was arrested for failure to appear at 719 First St. S. at 5:28 p.m. Dec. 14. She was arrested and taken to jail.
A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. It is the policy of the Newton Daily News to release the names of individuals charged with a crime who are 15 and older.