Fire damages home on Newton's southeast side
The Newton Fire Department responded to an early morning house fire on Monday, Dec. 3, at 703 E. 21st St. Pl. S.
The fire was reported by a bystander on his way to work at 5:38 a.m.
Chad Berry, the resident of the house, was not at home at the time of the fire.
Upon arrival, the home was full of smoke and fire was coming from the front of the house. The fire was extinguished and is still under investigation.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton