Cyclone comeback bid falls short in Iowa City
IOWA CITY (ISU) — No. 22 Iowa State (5-1, 0-0 Big 12) dug itself a 14-point hole in the first six minutes of the Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series women’s basketball contest, then came back and made it a game but Iowa (7-3, 0-0 Big Ten) maintained a narrow lead down the stretch and prevailed over the Cyclones, 50-42 Thursday in Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Iowa State still leads the Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series by a 9-6 margin.
Iowa State took its only lead on a Hallie Christofferson three-pointer that made it 26-24 with 12:20 left in the game.
The biggest shot of the game may have been the next bucket as Iowa’s Melissa Dixon hit on a three-pointer from the corner with 3:39 left to put Iowa back in front 42-39.
More College News
- Iowa State adds Abdel Nader to roster
- Coach K considering return to US Olympic team
- Top recruit Wiggins to play for Jayhawks
- Central's Meyer lands on all-region softball team
- ISU's Otzelberger leaving for Washington