• Douglas L. Krier, 55, of Newton, was arrested on Tuesday for third-degree burglary. On Nov. 26, Krier stole $500 worth of equipment from a shed at Weters Auto Repair, located at 220 E. Eighth St. N. He was released to appear.
• Nathan C. Morgan, 19, of Newton was arrested at 3:02 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of South Third Avenue East for aggravated assault. Morgan approached minors who trespassed on his property and pointed a gun at them. The gun was discovered not to have a trigger. He was released to appear.
• Rasita A. Golbek, 48, of Newton was ticketed at 10:45 a.m. Tuesday for failure to yield. Golbek was traveling eastbound on Fourth Street when she struck a car owned by Robert P. Morse. No major injuries were reported.
• Jordan M. Degoey, 23, of Newton was arrested at 2:58 a.m. Thursday for reckless use of firearm with damage. Police originally were called to investigate a gas leak. They discovered that the gas leak was caused after Degoey shot a propane tank. He was arrested and taken to jail.
• Carrie S. Bonett, 26, of Newton was arrested at 3 a.m. Thursday at 2305 E. 19th St. 7A for fifth degree criminal mischief. While in booking, she deliberately dumped water on police property. The estimated damage was $200. In addition, she was arrested in Jasper County on a unrelated charge.