Thrivent Financial supports local food pantries
The Jasper County Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans would like to thank everyone who participated in any way in the fundraiser for Jasper County food pantries. Because of the generous donations and matching funds from Thrivent and two local churches, the Jasper County Chapter was able to raise $5,424 for food pantries serving clients in Baxter, Colfax, Mingo, Kellogg, Sully, Lynnville, Monroe, Prairie City, Reasnor and Newton.
The fundraiser was held Sept. 9 at Sugar Grove Vineyard and Gathering. Music was provided by Steve Kastli, Cul-de-Sac Barbershop Quartet and Headin’ Home Quartet. The Jasper County Chapter would like to thank Collette Hill for donating the use of her facility and all the musicians for donating their time and talent to make the fundraiser a success.
More Local News
- Law Enforcement Torch Run
- Memorial Day is 'Golf Day' for blind and disabled vets
- NHS Commencement to be held Sunday
- Memorial Day services planned for Monday
- NHS releases traffic pattern, shuttle service plan for Sunday’s commencement