Jury set for Iowan’s trial in slaying of daughter
CEDAR RAPIDS (AP) — A jury has been selected for the murder trial of a 25-year-old Cedar Rapids man accused of killing his 17-month-old daughter.
The Gazette says jury selection was completed Tuesday and the trial is expected to open Wednesday in Linn County District Court.
The jury will consider the first-degree murder and child endangerment charges against Zyriah Schlitter. He’s accused of killing Kamryn Schlitter on March 28, 2010. Investigators say the little girl suffered head injuries and had bruising on her neck, chin, underarms and chest.
Schlitter’s former girlfriend, 29-year-old Amy Parmer, of Hiawatha, faces the same charges. She’s pleaded not guilty, and her trial is scheduled to begin Jan. 14.
More State News
- Farmers seeing more interest in locally grown food
- Iowa regents to finalize 2nd tuition freeze plan
- Trucker gets life sentences in Des Moines slayings
- Iowan charged with killing dad to plead insanity
- Iowa approves Alliant relaxed efficiency plan