2013 hunting, fishing licenses on sale beginning Saturday, Dec. 15
Iowa residents may begin purchasing hunting and fishing licenses for 2013 on Dec. 15.
License fees remain unchanged for 2013. The last increase for a hunting license was in 2002, and for fishing license was 2003. Vendor fees were increased and passed on to the license buyer in 2010 to help offset the cost of developing the second generation electronic license system for Iowa.
2012 licenses are valid through Jan. 10, 2013.
Starting Jan. 1, hunters and anglers will have new licenses from which to choose, including:
Bonus Line License — allowing resident and nonresident anglers to fish with one additional line (the regular fishing license allows two), for $12.
Outdoor Combo License — annual resident hunting/fishing/habitat combo license for $47.
Angler’s Special — a three-year fishing license (for 2013 license purchases, it will expire Jan. 10, 2016) for $53.
Hunter’s Special — a three-year hunting license with habitat included (for 2013 license purchases, it will expire Jan. 10, 2016) for $86.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton