Iowa woman pleads guilty after 15 dead cats found
STORM LAKE (AP) — A woman in northwest Iowa has pleaded guilty to animal neglect charges after 15 dead cats were found in a Storm Lake home.
The Sioux City Journal reports authorities arrested Dawn Williams on Saturday while they responded to a possible burglary report at the home.
Police say that’s when they discovered the skeletal remains of 15 cats along with a large amount of feces. Police say Williams locked the cats inside the house about six months ago.
Online records show Williams was released from the Buena Vista County Jail on Saturday after pleading guilty to the misdemeanor charges.
More State News
- Dog lost after Iowa crash reunited with owner
- U. of Iowa says FEMA won't require more insurance
- Cedar Rapids pays state for trout stream fish kill
- Des Moines police say man shot at passing cars
- Farmers seeing more interest in locally grown food