Iowa Western captures JUCO national title
The Reivers have made quick work in their short existance.
In just its fourth year as a two-year junior college football team, Iowa Western Community College captured the top prize in the county on Saturday, defeating Butler Community College of Kansas 27-7 in the national championship at the UNI-Dome.
The Reivers (12-0) rode their defense with four interceptions, including one returned for a touchdown on the last play of the first half to put them up 14-0. They held Butler (11-1) to just 84 yards passing.
Iowa Western’s roster has 13 Des Moines-area players, including 2012 Newton Senior High School graduate Reid McDermott.
More College News
- No. 20 Iowa State has no problem with Northern Iowa
- Tarheels stun No. 1 Michigan State
- No. 17 Iowa State pounds Auburn
- USC hires new football coach
- Iowa wrestlers dominate Iowa State