Des Moines residents report gun shots, bullet holes in houses
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say residents have found bullet holes in two Des Moines homes, but no injuries have been reported.
The Des Moines Register reports that three bullet holes were found in a house on Saturday evening. A resident told officers that she’d heard seven shots and told the children in the house to drop to the floor. One of the bullets penetrated a bedroom wall and one went into the living room. The third bullet didn’t penetrate into the house.
In a separate incident, two bullet holes were found in a house where a shooting was reported early Sunday morning. A resident told officers that he’d heard four shots around 3:15 a.m.
No arrests have been reported.
More State News
- Dog lost after Iowa crash reunited with owner
- U. of Iowa says FEMA won't require more insurance
- Cedar Rapids pays state for trout stream fish kill
- Des Moines police say man shot at passing cars
- Farmers seeing more interest in locally grown food