ISU outlasts Mastodons to advance to second round
AMES (ISU) — The No. 18 Iowa State volleyball team (21-7, 13-3 Big 12) moved on the second round of the NCAA tournament with a five-set win (25-11, 23-25, 22-25, 25-13, 15-7) over IPFW (25-7, 12-4 Summit League) on Thursday night in Hilton Coliseum. The win is the Cyclones’ 11th-straight, tying a program record.
Senior Jamie Straube led the way for the Cyclones offensively with a match-high 16 kills on just 28 swings while hitting at a .500 clip. Straube also registered two solo blocks in the match, her first match with multiple solo stuffs this season. Victoria Hurtt added 12 kills in the effort and Tenisha Matlock and Andie Malloy each tallied 11 kills.
The Cyclones are back in action tonight 7:30 p.m. in Hilton Coliseum to take on North Carolina in the second round. The winner advances to the Sweet 16.
More College News
- Drake Women’s Basketball Head Coach Attends Elite WBCA Program
- ISU's Saina wins 10,000 meter run
- Stephenson out after 36 season at Wichita State
- Penn St. hoping to get relief from penalties
- Ohio State President Gee to retire after remark