Hostess ready for its big bake sale
NEW YORK (AP) — The future of Twinkies is virtually assured.
Hostess Brands Inc. got final approval for its wind-down plans in bankruptcy court Thursday, setting the stage for its iconic snack cakes to find a second life with new owners — even as 18,000 jobs will be wiped out.
The company said in court that it’s in talks with 110 potential buyers for its brands.
More Nation & World News
- Big revisions help brighten monthly US jobs report
- Upper Midwest schoolchildren get rare May snow day
- Authorities say bomb suspects planned NYC attack
- Lawmakers ask who knew what about bomb suspect
- Wet fields a welcome sight across corn belt