Hostess ready for its big bake sale
NEW YORK (AP) — The future of Twinkies is virtually assured.
Hostess Brands Inc. got final approval for its wind-down plans in bankruptcy court Thursday, setting the stage for its iconic snack cakes to find a second life with new owners — even as 18,000 jobs will be wiped out.
The company said in court that it’s in talks with 110 potential buyers for its brands.
More Nation & World News
- Huge crowds gather in hopes of seeing Mandela body
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- New American Airlines CEO vows to make merger work
- Rising riches: 1 in 5 in US reaches affluence