Hostess ready for its big bake sale
NEW YORK (AP) — The future of Twinkies is virtually assured.
Hostess Brands Inc. got final approval for its wind-down plans in bankruptcy court Thursday, setting the stage for its iconic snack cakes to find a second life with new owners — even as 18,000 jobs will be wiped out.
The company said in court that it’s in talks with 110 potential buyers for its brands.
More Nation & World News
- Parents face tough choice when tornadoes bear down
- Oklahoma City tornado damage could be more than $2 billion
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister
- High crop prices entice farms to expand planting
- Big revisions help brighten monthly US jobs report