Students tour Newton Public Library
All Newton public school first graders toured the Newton Public Library this month. First graders learned about taking care of library books and about everything the library has to offer. Students also received a copy of “Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus” by Mo Willems. The tours and the books were provided by the Friends of the Library organization. Friends of the Library volunteers Eugene Bryant, Susan Hawk and Nan Schmidt assisted Youth Services Librarian Phyllis Peter with the tours. Pictured is first grader Myah Jordan with her new book.
More Local News
- Pappy's Antique Mall to close on Sunday
- Ladies show love for the courthouse lights
- Berg teacher wins drawing
- Mojo Cycling donates to St. Nick's
- Young patriots honored by VFW Ladies' Auxiliary