Waiting for Snow!
Charles Korte and his great-grandson, Gavin Korte, stand in front of a 15-foot-tall “snowman” built from hay bales at the farm of Charles’ son, Doug Korte. Doug built the snowman from big round hay bales and items found around their farm north of Newton, completing the snowman with a corn cob pipe. Other items used were tile for his arms, buckets and pallets for his hat and pompous grass for his broom. The picture was taken Thanksgiving Day.
More Local News
- Red Birds excelling at robotics
- YMCA honors donation with sculpture dedication
- Big bike show, 'no rules' drag racing on tap at Iowa Grand Motorcycle Rally
- Brown's Shoe Fit Co leaving Newton after nearly six decades
- Project IOWA looking for 12 lives to change in Jasper County