Waiting for Snow!
Charles Korte and his great-grandson, Gavin Korte, stand in front of a 15-foot-tall “snowman” built from hay bales at the farm of Charles’ son, Doug Korte. Doug built the snowman from big round hay bales and items found around their farm north of Newton, completing the snowman with a corn cob pipe. Other items used were tile for his arms, buckets and pallets for his hat and pompous grass for his broom. The picture was taken Thanksgiving Day.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton