Otter quota filled, season closed Saturday
DES MOINES — The Iowa otter season officially closed Saturday when the quota of 850 otters was reached.
The otter call-in line was updated reflecting the season quota had been filled and the grace period to move traps is underway. Trappers may keep otters captured prior to midnight Sunday. Otters captured after the grace period must be turned over to the DNR without penalty.
The harvest quota numbers are updated regularly on the DNR website www.iowadnr.gov or by calling the Iowa DNR at (515) 281-5918.
More State News
- Iowa House set to take up one-time spending bill
- Central Iowa police searching for teenage girl
- Iowa lawmakers return to Statehouse
- Fund established for victim of Boone shelter fire
- Iowa DNR warns paddlers about cold water, debris