Lt. Gov. Reynolds will head trade mission to Vietnam, Philippines
DES MOINES (AP) — Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds will lead a trade mission to Vietnam and the Philippines in February intended to expand exports of Iowa pork and create new opportunities for the state’s manufacturers.
The trade mission will run from Feb. 22 through March 2 and will include stops in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Manila.
The state economic development department is organizing the trip and has invited Iowa company representatives to participate for a fee.
In a statement, Reynolds says Vietnam and the Philippines are growing markets and that such trade missions made sense as Iowa tries to expand trade outside the United States.
More State News
- Pay plan could cost some Des Moines school workers
- Iowa DNR uses social media for wildlife questions
- Iowa credit unions see largest deposit gains in US
- Man gets 14 years for child endangerment
- USDA Farm Storage Loans Available