On Nov. 14, the Barrett Homemakers met for lunch at Montana Mikes in Newton. Ten members enjoyed the lunch and fellowship. Those present were Barbara Ashby, Gertrude Van Sickel, Linda Van Maanen, Irene Erwin, Mary Klemm, Deloris Klemm, Barbara Tininenko, Dorothy Wood and Emily Ehler.
Treasurer Linda Van Maanen reported she had received a thank you from the East Jasper Christian Food Pantry for the donation the club had made.
The December meeting will be a Christmas Potluck dinner at the home of Jerry and Emily Ehler at noon Dec. 14. Those attending are to bring food for the dinner, a bingo prize and goodies for coffee time.
More Local News
- Red Birds excelling at robotics
- YMCA honors donation with sculpture dedication
- Big bike show, 'no rules' drag racing on tap at Iowa Grand Motorcycle Rally
- Brown's Shoe Fit Co leaving Newton after nearly six decades
- Project IOWA looking for 12 lives to change in Jasper County