Iowa marijuana legislation on horizon
DES MOINES (AP) — Bills that would decriminalize marijuana and would approve its medical use may be headed for the Iowa Legislature.
State Rep. Bruce Hunter said he is preparing a bill on decriminalizing pot possession as long as those caught with marijuana weren’t selling it. Gov. Terry Branstad has said he’ll veto bills that would legalize marijuana for any use.
More State News
- Two charged in burglary of police officer's home
- Iowa Board of Regents confirms tuition freeze
- Iowa restaurant manager charged in child porn case
- Search continues for kidnapped Iowa girl, 15
- Man who kidnapped 2 Iowa girls had long record