Newton Jimmy John's to open Monday
The opening of the Newton Jimmy John's sub sandwich shop has been anything but "freaky fast," but Ames-based owner Ahmed Merchant is planning a soft opening for his 25th store on Monday.
The Newton location originally was slated to open in August, but according to District Manager Scott Russell, "There were some issues with the building that our owner had not foreseen. It's one of those things where once you get in there and actually start tearing stuff out you find those issues."
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton