Breast Cancer Awareness
Newton Culver’s and the Iowa Pork Producers raised money as well as awareness in October for the local breast cancer support group. Culver’s and Iowa Pork provided matching funds for the group’s work, and Carol Hopkey, the support group’s leader, said the funds will be used at Skiff Medical Center. Skiff has a new cancer treatment center and needs for funds to continue the ongoing improvement of the experience of cancer treatment. Pictured (from left) are Andrea Birkenholtz, Darlene Illingworth, Carol Hopkey, Joyce Gamble, Linda Hotger and Newton Culver’s owner Brian Smith.
More Local News
- Veterans honored at Freedom Flight send-off
- Local vets couldn't miss final Freedom Flight
- Thunder Nites benefits O'Brien family, local economy
- Council gives OK to amended development agreement for Iowa Speedway
- Council to discuss Main Street Iowa application