Breast Cancer Awareness
Newton Culver’s and the Iowa Pork Producers raised money as well as awareness in October for the local breast cancer support group. Culver’s and Iowa Pork provided matching funds for the group’s work, and Carol Hopkey, the support group’s leader, said the funds will be used at Skiff Medical Center. Skiff has a new cancer treatment center and needs for funds to continue the ongoing improvement of the experience of cancer treatment. Pictured (from left) are Andrea Birkenholtz, Darlene Illingworth, Carol Hopkey, Joyce Gamble, Linda Hotger and Newton Culver’s owner Brian Smith.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton