4-H organizing ‘Festival of Trees’
The Jasper County 4-H Clubs will host a “Festival of Trees” on Friday, Nov. 23, on the first and second floors of the Jasper County Courthouse following the lighting of the courthouse and the Lighted Christmas Parade.
The trees will be on display through Dec. 27. The festival theme is “The Giving Tree.” Several clubs are decorating their trees in support of local organizations or charities they have adopted and are collecting donated items for the organizations. Among the groups to be represented are the Jasper County Animal Rescue League, the Pregnancy Center of Central Iowa, Soldiers Deployed Overseas, Youth Homeless Shelter, Skiff Cancer Unit and more. Call (641) 521-2360 for more information.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton