4-H organizing ‘Festival of Trees’
The Jasper County 4-H Clubs will host a “Festival of Trees” on Friday, Nov. 23, on the first and second floors of the Jasper County Courthouse following the lighting of the courthouse and the Lighted Christmas Parade.
The trees will be on display through Dec. 27. The festival theme is “The Giving Tree.” Several clubs are decorating their trees in support of local organizations or charities they have adopted and are collecting donated items for the organizations. Among the groups to be represented are the Jasper County Animal Rescue League, the Pregnancy Center of Central Iowa, Soldiers Deployed Overseas, Youth Homeless Shelter, Skiff Cancer Unit and more. Call (641) 521-2360 for more information.
More Local News
- Basics students and teacher support NCRC test
- And they're off: Local vets depart to D.C. for final Freedom Flight
- Council waives third reading, passes Nuisance Ordinance amendment
- Memorial Day Picnic in Colfax
- Art on display at Uncle Nancy's