Woman who drove on sidewalk holds ‘idiot’ sign
CLEVELAND (AP) — A woman caught on camera driving on a sidewalk to pass a Cleveland school bus that was unloading children stood in the cold at an intersection holding a sign warning people about idiots.
A Cleveland Municipal Court judge ordered 32-year-old Shena Hardin to serve the highly public sentence for one hour Tuesday and Wednesday. She arrived bundled up against the 34-degree cold, puffing a cigarette, wearing head phones and avoiding comment as passing vehicles honked.
Satellite TV trucks were on hand to stream the event live near downtown Cleveland.
The sign read: “Only an idiot would drive on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus.”
Hardin’s license was suspended for 30 days and she was ordered to pay $250 in court costs.
More Nation & World News
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- New American Airlines CEO vows to make merger work
- Rising riches: 1 in 5 in US reaches affluence
- Pearl Harbor survivor thrives meeting visitors