Students participate in Metro Honor Band
Four Aurora Heights sixth grade band students were selected to participate in the 6th Grade Metro Honor Band last week at St. Francis of Assisi School in West Des Moines. Students were selected for the honor band on the basis of advanced progress in technique books and outstanding musicianship. The 71 students involved in the honor band represented 21 different elementary/middle school districts in the Metro area. The students rehearsed from 1 to 5 p.m. and presented a concert at 7 p.m. The Newton students selected for the band are (from left) Daniel Lopez-Sanders, son of Emigdio and Lori Lopez-Sanders, clarinet; Nathan Miller, son of Doug and Missy Miller, trombone; Deb Stoulil, Newton elementary band director; Chloe Pak, daughter of Min Pak and Mureema Solberg, flute; and Nicholas Tremel, son of Curt and Kelly Tremel, trombone.
More Local News
- Skiff honors recipient of DAISY nursing award
- First and, so far, only female Jasper County supervisor relives those days
- 'A great day': Bishop proclaims of last Freedom Flight
- Halferty pushes back request for COPS grants
- Daughters of the American Revolution Grinnell Chapter