O.W.L.S. program on coal mining set for Wednesday
The Jasper County Conservation Board and Jasper County Elderly Nutrition will host an Older, Wiser, Livelier Seniors program Wednesday, November 14, at the Jasper County Community Center.
The public is invited to come for 10 a.m. coffee and a presentation on the history of coal mining with Larry Wilson and Glen Brit. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own coal mining photos and stories to share.
The O.W.L.S. program is a conservation program that encourages seniors to stay active and learn new things about the natural world. For more information, call the conservation board office at (641) 792-9780.
More Local News
- Skiff honors recipient of DAISY nursing award
- First and, so far, only female Jasper County supervisor relives those days
- 'A great day' Bishop proclaims of last Freedom Flight
- Halferty pushes back request for COPS grants
- Daughters of the American Revolution Grinnell Chapter