It’s Your Government
Newton Community School District Board of Education
When: 6 p.m. Monday
Where: Emerson Hough
Agenda: Personnel report; Basics & Beyond improvement report; student representatives report; superintendent’s report on IASB State Convention, instructional coaching position, needs assessment dinner, fundraiser idea and open enrollment; educational services update; approval the installation of the driveway at the Berg Complex; review of early retirement policy; business services report with budget purpose statement; human resources report; and a closed session to discuss the sale of real estate. The board also will have a closed session at 5:15 p.m. for a student expulsion hearing.
Jasper County Board of Supervisors
When: 9:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Room 203 of the Jasper County Courthouse
Agenda: Proposal for installation of courthouse Christmas lights. Canvass of general election at 2 p.m.
More Local News
- Local vets couldn't miss final Freedom Flight
- Thunder Nites benefits O'Brien family, local economy
- Council gives OK to amended development agreement for Iowa Speedway
- Council to discuss Main Street Iowa application
- Eilander testifies in his own defense on second day of trial